August 7, 2010

August Socks Update-Phineas News



Well, I have completed one repeat of the chart (ahem. 33 rounds times two socks, toe up.)

Okay, so you can't really see the cute lil diamonds on the socks, due to the nature of the yarn, but I think it's still spiffy. The yarn is Knit Fit Knitting Footapy in Daily News (Pardon, but she is taking a break until September. Trust me, her stuff is amazing!) The pattern is Phineasby Rosemary Waits. (non Ravelry Link)

I estimate that I need to do another half of a chart before starting the heel turn work, but it is going fast enough to be done in plenty of time. After all, it is purse knitting, which means I do take them everywhere with me.

This is also a very special project, because this is the first pair of socks that I am actually knitting for myself. All the other socks on my Rav Page were done as presents for my mother. Yes, people, I am actually doing something for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment