August 30, 2010

Phineas News Socks Finished!





They're done! Two days early in fact. First off, the yarn is super squishy and fantastic. The pattern was fun to knit, not as boring as stockinette, but not horribly complicated either. This was a nice break from all the crazy complicated things that I've been working on.

The Specs:
Pattern: Phineas by Rosemary Waits
Yarn: Knit Fit Knitting Footapy in Daily News
Needles: Addi Lace US 0
Measurements: It was a 72 stitch pattern, I ended up with a 7 inch leg+cuff and about 6 inches for foot length
Modifications: I did a slip stitch heel using the formula from Knot Another Hat, and had to do the foot a little shorter to accommodate the 72 stitch pattern, so it would stretch a little more, and fit my foot better. I did do the twisted stitch rib.
Thoughts: This was the perfect pattern to work on while at work. It was not boring, but also not complicated, so it kept me entertained. I like how the pattern is just a hint with this yarn (yes, yes, it would have been more obvious on a more solidly colored yarn, but this is perfect for me)

2 comments:

  1. Nice socks. You're the third person in the last two weeks to be mentioning these socks. I guess that means I should knit a pair.

    ReplyDelete