August 30, 2010

September socks!

My August Socks were done in July already... I thought I would not have much time this or next month for knitting, so I cast on the next pair right away. Alas I ended up having way more time then I thought possible. Even with two birthdays, two volunteer appreciation pick-nicks and a party all in one month. (I did most of the cooking and all the baking for one pick-nick, both birthdays and the party!)
I also had no Internet for a few days. Internet trouble = more knitting time!!!
The result: I finished my September socks yesterday! YAYY!

Stats:
Needles: US size  3
Yarn: Bernat Satin Sport in Seashore
Pattern: No pattern, eyelet-stitch found in "Big Book of Knitting Stitches" p. 202. "Lacy Points" (Gives it a bit of texture)
Nitty gritty: Toe up (again... this is really unusual for me) the round toe for toe up I developed, short row heel, love the yarn! So soft! Super nice to knit with!

Pictures:
Already cast on for the next pair. I made another pair this month for my daughters birthday, but they were so plain (on her request..) I won't let them count unless I run short in the end LOL)

My July socks, just in case you missed them :)
Update on the socks on size US1: I had to rip them... haven't cast back on yet.
On to the next pair!

3 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous and I am extremely jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! They were a really easy knit! The yarn is absolutely wonderful to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serious Sock Envy from this corner. Still doing dishcloths for an upcoming Christmas fair to suppliment the hole in my budget the poor, dear feral cats created!

    ReplyDelete