July 29, 2010

July Socks are Done


Okay, so they've technically been done since July 24th, but since I finally have pictures for you, here's the first pair for the 12 Socks Project


Pattern:
Adaptation of Kalajoki by Tiina Seppälä, and also Fingering Weight Toe Up Sock with SlipStitch Heel by Wendy Johnson

Yarn:Rio De La Plata Sock Solid in Medieval Blue. This is a now discontinued yarn that I had picked up on the Puget Sound LYS Tour 2009.

Thoughts: The patterns were great, and I liked the yarn alright. Unforunately, through my own doing, as I was working the bind off, I actually ripped the yarn at the top (see the blob on the right hand sock at the cuff?)and ended up having to pick back up 8 stitches and redo the bind off after I had already bound off all the other stitches. I used the Elizabeth Zimmerman Sewn Bind off, which gave me a super stretchy edge. Would I knit these again? Sure. If I had the desire to knit for MYSELF for once. :) Great instruction, and a really pretty pattern.

Coming soon: Phineas socks by Rosemary Waits, August 2010, which are also being done toe up in my Knit Fit Knitting Footapy in Daily News.

1 comment: