July 4, 2010

Welcome to the 12 Socks Blog!

I figured that we all need a central place to post pics and blog (if you dont already have a blog) about the crazy project that is now called 12 Socks.

This all started about a week ago.... with this photo:



I reblogged it on Tumblr and Melissa aka ATreeHuggersWife on twitter re-tweeted it and came up with the goal of knitting 12 pairs of socks in 12 months. She re-posted the "challenge" and shortly there after Chris aka VTKnitboy joined in. Mind you... he's a sock GENIUS!! Next, Karin aka iknit2purl2 on twitter joined in :) My friend Joni aka orbitalpopdog asked if she could join in too!

We've been keeping track of all the fun on twitter via the hastag #12socks so if you want to see what we're all up to, just take a peek :)

Now, I cast on my first pair on July 1st. I want to learn how to knit them toe up and eventually 2 at a time. For now though, I started with what I know... top down :)

Pair #1 - Dark Grey


In between working on getting this blog up today... I've managed to finish my first sock! woo hoo!!!



So, if you want to join in on what is now an adventure... just check out the "How to Join" page :)

Happy Knitting everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Love that picture of all the socks lined up in a drawer. I have a similar one.

    ReplyDelete