July 21, 2010

July socks done!

Okay, okay...I really didn't push myself this month. I dug out a pair that had been languishing in my bag for months. They really needed to be finished and I really needed something simple to ease myself back into the sock knitting mode.

I taught a beginners sock knitting class at my LYS this spring. Worsted weight, top down, dpn's (my student did Magic Loop), afterthought heel.
Seeing the light of day for the first time in months:


And then on to the finish:


Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash - 1 Ball (these are about a women's size 6 sock)
Needles: Lantern Moon size 4 DPN's
Pattern: LYS class pattern written by me

Verdict: Quick knit but boring for someone that has knit a few pairs of socks. Would be great under boots or around the house. I should have blocked them, but was too anxious to get pictures and get back to work.

On to new things for August! I borrowed the book Socks From the Toe Up by Wendy Johnson from my library and started the Slip Stitch Heel Basic Socks pattern.


This is my first time doing socks toe up and also my first time doing them on 2 circulars. So far? Total love.

See ya in a couple of weeks for pair number 2!

1 comment:

  1. I feel a sock coming on jsut looking at the pics, while my daughter's boyfriend's Christmas scarf screams from the travel bag....

    Its like a case of the vapors I think. Worse if the yarn is self-Fair-Isle striping... sigh.

    ReplyDelete